Lena Engel represents clients in a variety of commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions, sales and development, frequently involving financing and lease-related issues. Her practice also includes advising clients in general business transactions, such as procurement of goods and services and drafting and negotiating contractor agreements.
Before joining Moody Law Group, Lena represented school districts and other educational entities in real estate, general business and governance matters, with extensive experience in land acquisition and development and business transactions relating to construction, IT infrastructure and intellectual property.
Prior to her legal career, Lena worked in business and project management for various Fortune 500 companies. Outside of her legal practice, Lena enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, singing and learning foreign languages.
- McGinnis Lochridge, LLP, 2009-2010
- Ogden, Gibson, Broocks, Longoria & Hall, LLP, 2010-2012
- Rogers, Morris & Grover, LLP, 2012-2018
- Karczewski Bradshaw Spalding, LLP, 2018-2022
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing, University of Texas at Austin, 1999
- University Honors: Fall 1995, Fall 1996
- Phi Chi Theta Professional Business Fraternity, Publicity Director 1997, President 1998
- Juris Doctor, Summa Cum Laude, South Texas College of Law, 2009
- South Texas Law Review
- Dean’s List: Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009
- Order of the Lytae
- Bodman Foundation Award for Outstanding Legal Writing, 2008
- 2008 Spurgeon E. Bell Memorial Moot Court Competition, 1st Place Team & Best Brief
- Am. Jur./Cali Awards in Federal Income Tax, Insurance Law, Consumer Transactions, Administrative Law, Family Law, Texas Pretrial Procedure and Texas Trial & Appellate Procedure
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 2009
- Member, State Bar of Texas; Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section; School Law Section; Computer and Technology Section
Speaking experience: National School Boards Association Annual Conference, SXSW EDU Conference, HCDE School Finance Council, Texas Education Technology Leaders (formerly Texas K-12 CTO Council) and the Texas Council of Administrators of Special Education Annual Conference