Tania Hovel’s practice focuses on commercial transactions, including retail, office and industrial leasing; acquisitions; sales and development; finance; and general corporate matters. Among those whom she has counseled and represented are developers, high-net-worth individuals, family-owned businesses, franchises, and private firms and investors in the preparation and negotiation of various types of agreements in connection with the ownership and development of real estate and business formation.
Tania began her legal career as an associate in the Global Projects section of Baker Botts, L.L.P., in Dallas, where she primarily advised clients in the real estate industry on both corporate and real estate matters. She returned to Houston in 2008 and joined the law firm of Crain, Caton & James, P.C., where she broadened her knowledge base in both real estate and various other types of transactional matters. In 2012, she joined Moody Law Group, where she represents clients in all stages of commercial real estate.
Prior to attending law school, Tania completed an internship with the Senate Judiciary Committee in Washington, D.C. Tania enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and golden retriever, cheering on the Aggies at sporting events and attending group fitness classes.
- Moody Law Group, PLLC, 2012-present
- Crain, Caton & James, P.C., 2008-2011
- Baker Botts, L.L.P., 2005-2007
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Texas A&M University, 2000
- Minors in business and French
- Dean’s List, Distinguished Student’s List
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities
- Juris Doctor, University of Houston Law Center, 2005
- Articles Editor, Houston Law Review
- Pillar Pro Bono Award
- Real Property Award
- The Best Lawyers in America (Real Estate Law), 2023
- Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, 2022-present
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 2005
- Member, Texas Bar Association, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member, Society of Texas A&M Real Estate Professionals
- Member, Junior League of Houston, 2009-2015
- Board of Directors, Education Chair and Secretary, Young Texans Against Cancer, 2010-2013
- Volunteer, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 2005, 2010-2014